Sunday, May 25, 2014

Vampire Paparazzi entry. 2



This is not an area even an ardent vampire hunter like myself would venture after dark. No number of garlic wreaths, crosses, or stakes would make it worthwhile.I like my blood just fine where it is: inside my own skin. Daytime; however. I decided to remind those readers who think the undead life of the vampire nothing but drink, drink, drink that -- as with the living -- that sort of life is reserved for the top 2%.


The poor crypt at right is shared by an unknown number of tenants (and nope, I'm not knocking on that door! even in daylight). It is hidden in the sort of rough neighborhood respectable paparazzi avoid since the Edward Cullen's of the world don't live here. And certainly regular journalists don't knock on this door either since few Pulitzer prizes are given to breaking news about "real" vampires. Even my own newspaper, the "UnNatural Enquirer"  no longer caters to the sort of audience interested in reading of the sad tales of the previously-living. They pay for the tales of the upscale, the well-dressed, the politically powerful, and the beautiful creatures of the night.

This paparazzi would liken this to a beyond death plight. Even the dead have to rest somewhere.

 25 May 2014
byline L. Ormandy (AKA SweetGoth)
The UnNatural Enquirer

No comments: